ADVENTURES IN BROADCASTING
The Promotion Director's School
FACTORS WHICH MAY CONTRIBUTE TO THE
SUCCESS/FAILURE OF A RETAIL PROMOTION...
by Doug Harris
1) Is the promotional offer strong enough to capture the interest
of the target consumer?
2) Is the client supporting the promotion with sufficient advertising
3) Are the date and time of the promotional activity well chosen?
4) Is the store's inventory well stocked to handle the demand
of the promotion?
5) Does the client have sufficient staffing to service the consumer
6) Is the location suitable?
Is it easily accessible?
Does sufficient parking or valet service exist?
Is it on the "trafficked" side of the street?
Is it easy to find? Are there landmarks?
Is there any construction in the area?
Is the interior attractive, clean, etc?
In short... What does the listener/patron have to do in order
to participate in this promotion... And is it worth it?
@1997 by Doug Harris firstname.lastname@example.org